Karma, Destiney and the NFL
It seems to me that major events in my life coraspond to the Patriots and their Superbowl apperances.
In 1986, I joined the Navy as a freash faced teenager just out of high school one week before the patriots got blasted by the Bears in their first superbowl.At the time I had no knowledge of the destiney that lay before me, nor did I know how to control it. I chalked up their loss to the fact I couldn't watch the game or wear my "Berry the Bears" T-shirt becouse I was in Bootcamp.
Mind you I did wear that self same T shirt TO bootcamp, and found myself hiding in the USO office at O'hare airport in fear for my life.
In 1997, The Patriots again went to the Super Bowl. This time it was the Green Bay Packers and again it surronded great upheavel in my life. Just prior to that game I ended my service to this country by exiting the Marine Corps and returned to private life. But more importantly and perhaps influenceing my life greatly, was the death of my father.
It had a profound influance on my life and and made the Patriots loss pail by comparision. And yet it wasen't the worst that could happen. That was still to come. In 2002, two days before the Patriots won their first Superbowl by besting the St. Louis Rams , my Mom died and my eyes started to open to this destiney thing.
Two days I tell ya, If I had had any money, I would have put it on the Pats in that game and as 14 point underdogs I would have been a rich man. There was no way God could be so cruel as to break my heart twice in one week.
he didn't and as if to restore my faith, he went on to give the pats two more Superbowls, Plus a buietful wife and a decent job. (well as decent as a being a security guard can be)
When I last made my made my pressence known on any fan message board, I announced my intention to lose 100 pounds off my massive frame, quit smoking and return to service to the country.
There were many motivational circumstances to my decision, not the least of which was my health and the well being of my family. If I am succesful, it will represent the biggest and most important change in my life. as I worte this the Patriots are 13-0 and in the drivers seat ( I wrote this wehen they were 3-0 but never got around to typoing it up) Not only do they look unbeatable by any NFL team, But the stand ready to beat back the Media and a country full of Nay sayers. The Patriots keep their eye on the prize and allow nothing to deter them from their goal.
In a little more than two weeks I leave for Boot camp.

