Tuesday, December 25, 2007

One week to go

One of the most distracting thoughts that occupy my mind is how Lori is going to react to the culture shock of having to make this move. I t's happened to many others and their exploits among Military wives is, I am sure, legendary. I have tried to educate her to how things could possible go and so far she has been ultra-resistant to finding out about things. I can't say as I blame her, I know I am so anxious to get things started that I can't sleep at night anymore. For her things are a good three to four months off.

Anyway there are several websites I Book-marked to help her but I think the latest one might really be a break through.

See I have always believed comics are a universal medium of communication that is very under-appreciated.

Jenny the Military Spouse Is finnaly something that is easy to read and commutative. She goes a long way in explaining the hardships and pitfalls of Life as a military spouse.

In addition she also has a Myspace page With a butt load of friends who are in the same boat.

I really hope Lori can take advantage of this as I think it will help her be a little more comfortable with the whole thing if she can make some friends.

Here's a few samples of the over 100 comic strips at her site.