September Blitz Time minus one day until Start
And so it ends. Its over and done. My load has been shot. What to do, what to do? Before I get to far along with this I should go back about a month or so ago.
See, It seems to me that every time I post about my diet, I seem to lose all desire and momentum. And So I choose not to post to much last month. Well It worked. I had started my new job and set up my schedule s hat I could have time off with Lori and have a day to visit my recruiter. See I felt I hadn’t been putting in enough of a presence there and if I was going to get them to take me seriously, I had better start.
Well it all was going really well, Even though the recruiter hasn’t been running with me like he said he would. And with the extra motivation provided by Uncle Sam in the form of a $20,000 bonus I really thought It was enough for me to keep it up and get it done. I did manage to get down from 46 inches to 44, but it wasn’t enough. And now there isn’t enough time for me to finish this last inch and get me that hefty bonus. And it kind of made me lose a whole lot of aspiration. I needed something else to motivate me back up to where I was at the beginning of August.
Enter the September Blitz. Its nothing organized or anything like that. Its something I made up to motivate myself to get this done.
I had decided that at this point in my life, I could either Look back at everything I have accomplished up to this point and smile knowing what I have accomplished. Or I could chuck it all and start over. If I’d tried and stick with everything, I knew from past performance that I would get board sooner and end up stopping and starting until I burned myself out again. By starting this Blitz thing I have given myself a date with which to say I am burned out.
I looked at the things that I had been doing and some things I could do to improve. The first thing I want to straighten away is my sleep time. I want to make sure I am not sleeping as much. I think to much sleep can be just as harmful as to little sleep. So its best to limit (or force) myself to 8 hours a night. No more and no less.
The nest thing I want to do is increase my run time. I had been doing a lot of running in the last month (twice a day) But I want to run four times a day. Well three times plus one cardio secession a day.
Third is food intake. I am not pleased with my nighttime eating. I have tried t lessen the amount of food I eat when My day is done but the truth is, it hasn’t happened. So I thing the best ting to do is cut it out all together. Just water. Nothing more. In order to accomplish this though, I have to adjust the times I eat throughout the day. I had been eating at 3pm, 7pm and midnight. I want t change this to 1pm, 5pm and 9pm. Food it something I also want to cut out completely. Nothing but Met-rx Meal replacement bars. But I will get into those more latter. 
Finally there are several things I want to carry over from last month. Including my crunch and exercise routine at work, My weight lifting. The sauna and steam room. And the swimming.
The trick I think is to recognize the difference between Fatigue and boredom. While I am sure there were times over the last month I became so fatigued I just couldn’t lift my head off the floor and do another push up. But overall, I feel I had become board with the whole thing.
Creating a daily checklist has worked wonders for me. It has helped me to remember what it is I still need to do each day without having to rely on memory. This has worked so good for me that it has spread to other parts of my life (like house work)
One thing I have to think about tomorrow is the prize for winning this battle within myself. If I make it, I know I won’t feel bad again and I can move forward in the bigger quest. If I lose, I guess I don’t know, I have to come up with a serious consequence.

