Sunday, January 07, 2007

Anotomy of an image.



When I First made my comic, I comleted Issue 5 before issue 4. So at the time, Issue 4 had the best art. Along th way I learned even more about my craft and since have gone back and redone most of the art to make the presenttion more presentable. This page was one of the many images I re-did. I had the below image from a thor story in mind when I origninally did drew it.



with my new found skill I knew that redoing this page was a must. But as you can see it is a very clustered picture. THat is to say, it is very crowded.


The first thing I had to do was remove all the color, I found that becouse of the curve of the book I scanned the image from caused some distortion on the right side.


I fixed the distortion and took out all the word ballons and re-sized the pictue to the proper size. here I could really see the picture and see what I needed to do. I also faded the image to allow for the ink lines t really show.




After dealing with m latest image of this type,I placed my word ballons so wasen't going to waste my time inking things that weren't going to show.



At this point I started to ink the image.




I knew that all that purple was going to run together and cause the pcture t look like a big blob. I also knew that there were going to be a lot of samll spots that would need to be colored and so I used transparent colors as guide lines so I knew what was going to be what when it came time to finish the coloring.





After inking, I could them applt the color layers, and then the background.





To finish the image, I replaced the word ballons, and put the inset image onboard.



For the record, the main image was done by Jack Kirby, and the inset image shows the thing, by John Byrne, and the inviible woman by Brue Timm.