Strong Convictions
Well up until I saw this, I really thoght I had a moving and compassionate story. This story blows mine completely out of the water.
This story has been picked up by every major Television station (in WCVB's network) across the country.
It is motivation because it just doesn't happen. At least not that the general public hears about. I suspect there are many more stories like this one out there.
I really hope she is doing this for the right reasons. And I wish her much success.
Melissa Garvin From Malden Ma.
During her husband's funeral, Melissa Garvin recalled her wedding day when she caught Edward M. Garvin wearing his favorite green shorts, singing to himself in the mirror, "Going to the chapel and I'm going to get married." "I strongly believe he is with us today," she said. If he could say something, "he'd say something silly to make us laugh," she said. "That's what he would have wanted." Garvin, 19, of Malden, Mass., was killed in combat Oct. 4 in Anbar province. He was a 2005 high school graduate and was assigned to Camp Lejeune. "He liked people, he liked the other kids in school, and he was very popular," said school superintendent Patricia Cronin. His wife said he made a selfless decision to go overseas, despite her pleas for him to stay home with other Marines in his unit who were not deployed. "I was mad at him when he told me, because I knew that there were only 150 slots to go over there and there were 200 people in his unit, so I asked why he wouldn't stay here," she said. "And he told me that if he didn't go over there, then someone else would have to go and be away from their family." He also is survived by a son, Grant.

