43 inches
Well it's beginning to look more and more like my waist is down to th required 43 inches that I ned it to be at in order to satisfy my recruiter and secure a psychical with the army. So that leaves me with two options.
1) run down there RIGHT NOW and demand he tape my waist to find out where I stand.
2) wait a week, work hard and try and get it down a little more for insurance.
I haven't decided yet which to do. If I run don there, it will be on Monday, If I wait it will be on Friday.
Either way, I want Lori to come with me.
Now let me explain. Last Monday, Memorial day. I sent Lori a youtube video to her Myspace page with this message:
"Lori, You need to know that you have a greater responsibility than you could ever fathom and I am very proud to have you by my side for that which is about to happen.
God bless and love you for who you are and what you mean to me."
It did not have the desired effect. Lori watched and everything was fine until the point where the wives in the video wee mourning their fallen loved ones. Lori started crying and saying that I was NOT going to join the army. I could do any other perilous job in the world, But not the Army. In fact, she said, If I went ahead and joined the army, She would divorce me. Her reasons were that she did not want to be a grieving widow that had to start her live over after my death. If she was going to have to stat over, she would rather do it now than later. Needless to say, She made it painfully clear to me that I did not have her support in this endeavor.
And so I am thinking that maybe if I can expose her a little to the Military lifestyle she wouldn't feel as daunted by the whole process. I don't know if it will work out or make things worse. But I can't hesitate in my decision process. I have to do what I feel I have to do.
I mean, I don't wanna fool her into thinking life will be a rose garden if and when this happens, I know it won't. In fact it will be such a drastic change for her from the life we have been living here for the past 10 years. But I know from that chance will come rewards. Most notable the satisfaction of living a life of fulfillment. One with a little pride and dignity instead of one of emptiness.
I know in my heart of hearts she does support me and will be grateful for this change. But that is a long time coming.
Sometimes I think of other peoples marriage and see how life can grow stale for them after 10 years of living together. And for me that is not the case. I love my wife and want her beside me the whole way.
There are so many similarity's between us that can't be chalked up to coincidence. Heck, Just the fact that she is fighting me on this is one of them.
Anyway, Heres some pics:




