Friday, June 22, 2007

MY ALLI




















Yeah, I believe in divine intervention.

After the recruiter told me "46 inches" I got really depressed. I mean, here I was walking 10 miles a day, running 5 miles sometimes, Averaging 35 miles week and I still wasn't reducing my waist any.
How on earth was I doing all this and not losing any weight? It made little sense to me. and yet, I knew I must be doing something wrong.

Right in the middle of one of my walks last week, I stopped. I had a real heart to heart with GOD. I asked why, if all my wants and desires are all genuine in ths regard, was he forsaken me?

Yeah I know it sounds corny, But I really felt that way.

On my next walk I discovered my gym was going to be closed all week. I also begain to feel all "Whats the point?" here I was basically killing myself and getting nowhere.

Then came the news reports about Alli.

Unlike other diet pills, Alli doesn't focus on the Heart, nervous system or Brain. It focus' on the digestive system blocking fat absorption. The program doesn't promise anything. But says that if you put out the effort and use your smarts, then the pills will help.

That left me having to check my diet and see if it was compatible with the Alli Program. I found out that I was draining my system so much that I thought that if i went ahead and cheated on my diet at night, It wouldn't affect me.

I was wrong.

Dieting and exercise is not a part time effort, You can't do this for two days, then take a day off and expect to see any results.

I also have figured out that since I lost my job, I have been trying for the quick fix. That is to say, I have put undue pressure on myself to get this done before my unemployment runs out. It hasn't worked.

Thats where the Alli comes in. Buying these things is an investment. And knowing I am the type of person that likes to get their monies worth, I am hoping that is enough to get the job done.

It has been said that if you don't like something, Change it. If you can't change it, Change the way you think about it.

Thats where I am at now. Changing the way I think about my approach.

Of course it has also been said that persistence pays off. But so far I haven't seen that.