So Why the Army?
So my sister sends me this e-mail the other day.
Chris,
Did you enjoy your celebration Friday night? Are you thinking of any babies? Why the Army Chris? How can they take you at your age? Why not the Air Force or the Coast Guard? Do you think they will send you to Iraq ? I hope not!!
Love,
Mary
Truth to tell, I have been estranged from my Family for quite sometime now, My sisters and brother that is. Something that happened at my mothers funeral cemented the fact, that I would be better off if I wasn't in their life. They tend to make me feel like I am still the child. Here I am, almost 40 and I can't get them to take anything I do seriously.
But that's just bitching. They would be better off if I wasn't there either. I don't want to start any fights with them, and I don't want to listen to their preaching.
When I was twelve, I did something with my nephew that I am not proud of. But he seems to want to blame every failure in his life on me because of that incident. Imagine if you can the Blaming every Failure you've had for 30 years on somebody else. IO am nothing more than a convient excuse for him. But if its how he justifies his life, then who am I to change his mind? His mother supports him 100% in his feelings, and I don't blame her, he is her son, and so, I am on the Fritz with them. My other sister, though is, I believe, being totally hypocritical about the whole thing. And as such, I don't talk to her. Truly, Its my brother and his family who get stuck in the middle of this whole thing. My sisters are closer to him in every respect and it just seems better to me to let sleeping dogs be. I don't want to go any further into it as its all in the past and best left that way. Its over, they have gone their route and I hope they just let me go mine. A "hi" here and there just to let each other know we are alive is enough.
Now, Back to the issue at hand. "Why the Army?"
Well,like I said, I am nearly 40 years old. There is no way in hell I can get back in the Marine Corps again. Its not feasible. When I got out, I was given an "RE code" that's re-enlistment code of 3 JK which meant they didn't want me back due to my weight. The Air Force doesn't take re-enlisting. And I have no interest in the Coast Guard. That leaves the Navy and the Army. I already did the Navy thing, spending four wonderful years on board the Ballistic Missile Submarine USS will Rogers SSBN 659.
The chances of my going to Iraq are slim for the field I want to enter into. It would be more like Japan, or South Korea for me.
See I am looking at Patriot Missiles and barring any co-operation from our lovable friends in the Democrat party, (with regards to Iran)The chance of the Terrorists being able to launch a ballistic Missile are small right now, North Korea, that's a different story.
The Question then becomes "Why Patriot missiles?"
Well In the Marines I worked on Hawk missiles, Hawk is an out date system, Replaced by Patriot. And the way I figure it, Its best to go back to doing what I know. As such, Patriot MAY be the only option for me. Believe me If they want to make a foot soldier out of me I'll say ""See ya"" But I don't think it will come to that.
The celebration My sister is referring to is my wedding. On Oct 27, My Girlfriend and I Tied the knot. After 9 years together, the time was right. She didn't want to do it as she really loves her freedom, But she also recognise the dire straight we are in if life were to continue as it has been. We simply we not growing as a couple. The time to do this was long past. I'd say, I am looking forward to having a baby. But she isn't. I'd like to get us settled in a house by the army and then start talking bout babies. With our three dogs there is already far to many people living in my small apartment.

